Our History

Dakota Quality Grain Cooperative was in formed in 1993, when the members of Parshall Farmers Union Cooperative Elevator (est. 1915), Ross Farmers Elevator Company (est. 1916) and Farmers Union Elevator of New Town (est. 1928) voted to consolidate.  Parshall Farmers Union Cooperative Elevator consisted of the two remaining grain elevators, their agronomy services and their local Cenex Station.  Ross Farmers Elevator Company consisted of grain elevators in Stanley, Palermo and Ross and their agronomy and feed services in Palermo and Ross.  Farmers Union Elevator of New Town consisted of two grain elevators, agronomy services and a lumber and feed store.  These three large cooperatives came together and created the member owned Dakota Quality Grain Cooperative.

Farmers Union Oil Company of Sanish was established February 1, 1929 when 196 investors offered a total of $7,400 to start their new cooperative.  Could these investors have foreseen the creation of the Garrison Dam and a town called New Town? Over time the cooperative was known as Farmers Union Oil of New Town, Cenex of New Town and lastly United Prairie Cooperative.   The years have been kind to this cooperative as it has withstood much change and tremendous growth.  In its 86 year history only 10 General Managers have led the cooperative. 

In October 2015 the Cooperative Owners of United Prairie Cooperative and Dakota Quality Grain Cooperative voted to consolidate their two Cooperatives.  On April 1, 2016 these two cooperatives began operating under the name United Quality Cooperative.


 
 
Copyright DTN. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.
Powered By DTN